With an American Express Prepaid Card, you can spend only what you have loaded on the card. So there is no overdraft fee, or a monthly fee or a purchase fee…You can get it online immediately and start enjoying many incredible benefits. Now click www.americanexpress.com/prepaid in Reference Links at the bottom of this page to start enjoying all the benefits of the card.
Get An American Express Prepaid Card Instructions
The American Express Prepaid Card is a prepaid, reloadable card that provides you with a safe and convenient way to manage spending for yourself or the people you choose. The card can be used wherever American Express Cards are accepted worldwide. Customers can use the card to shop online, at store and even withdraw cash from ATMs.
- You can get a temporary American Express Prepaid Card at CVS or Walgreens. But temporary card is non-reloadable, has no ATM access and does not provide other benefits of the card. If you want to order a permanent card, you need to apply online.
- Visit www.americanexpress.com/prepaid and click on “Get a Card” button at the top right.
- Fill in your personal information and temporary card number and security code if you have one.
- Your permanent card will arrive in the mail. Simply activate your card to get started.
- If you have a temporary card, once you active your card, the funds from it will be automatically transferred to the permanent card.
- Add money into the card online, or by phone, or from a bank account or with cash.
- You can use the card at millions of locations in stores, online and at ATMs. (American Express does not charge an ATM fee for the first withdrawal in each calendar month.)
- You can reload the card as soon as you want. You can set up an online account to check the card balance, transaction history and more.