At some point in human’s lives, we begin to get curious about our ancestors. We wonder where we come from, who we are and where we will go. Our ancestors may have left us rich spiritual legacy, but if we never know their stories, how can we say we are true members of the family? But with so many years after them, can we figure it out? Is it even possible? The answer is definitely yes. Family Search is the world largest genealogy organization in the world. If you would like to know anyone of your ancestors, upload your latest knowledge to family history centers so that the information can be kept forever, family research is at your service. Visit familysearch.org/films (Click the link in Reference Links at the bottom of this page to be redirected to the official page) for your ancestor’s story!
- Loan types.
- Short-term (microfilms only). It has 90 days of duration and begins when the order ships.
- Extended. This is for microfilm and microfiche. No defined day to return.
- Renewals. Short term renewals will have an additional 60 days.
- Simply sign in on the top right corner of the official page.
- Enter the microfilm number you want to loan from the catalog. Click on “Family History Library Catalog” ling to be directed to the webpage.
- Click “Search”, then view your shopping cart.
- Click “Submit”.
There are altogether 8 search types. And how to figure the one most suitable? Here are tips for you.
- Using “Record Selection Table”. Look up whether the event you want to explore is contained in the table.
- Then use the “Family Search Types “.
- If you cannot find anything in this way, try town or state level.
- Or try to search below other categories in the “Record Selection Table”.