According to the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act), each legal U.S. 5544resident is eligible for a free copy of credit report once every 12 months from each credit reporting agency. Equifax, Experian and TransUnion are the three best known nationwide consumer credit reporting companies. The website created by them is definitely going to help request your free annual credit report in a quick, easy and secure way.t5
- Consumers should never provide their personal information to any other company or person for requesting free annual credit reports under the FACT Act.
- AnnualCreditReport.com will not approach consumers via email, telemarketing or direct mail solicitations.
- It is recommended that you visit the legitimate site of Annual Credit Report Request Service which is www.annualcreditreport.com (Click the link in Reference Links at the bottom of this page to be redirected to the official page). Do not access the service from unfamiliar websites.
- Visit www.annualcreditreport.com and select your State. Click “Request Report”.
- Provide all of the required personal information including your SSN, most recent State-side address and previous address if applicable.
- Enter characters you see on the picture and click “Continue” to view and print your credit report.
- Print the form and fill out all of the required information. When you complete, fold the form and mail it to the address given on the form.
- If additional information is needed to process your request, the consumer credit reporting company will contact you by mail. Your request will be processed within 15 days of receipt and then mailed to you.
- For more information, visit FAQs on the Reference Link 1 or call 877-322-8228.
You have the option to receive all three credit reports at the same time or order one now and others later. Monitor and review your credit report is good for fighting identity theft. Obtain your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.