iPhone is fantastic, so is its service. If you unfortunately lost your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, don’t worry you can find them back by locating them on a map. The new iOS 7 system has made some improvement in this aspect, so your device is more secure.
How to Find My iPhone with iCloud Instructions
How will you feel about if your cell phone is accidentally lost or stolen? You must be very anxious not because how expensive the phone is, but how much privacy and important information is in it. Well, Apple users have a chance to find their devices back by using their iCloud at www.icloud.com/find (click the link in Reference Links at the bottom of this page to be redirected to target page).
When you login your iCloud account, you can:
- Locate your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac) on a map
- Play a sound on your device to help you find it
- Use Lost Mode to lock and track your device
- Remotely erase all of your personal information from the device
Though systems before iOS 7 also enabled its users to locate their devices with iCloud, it is actually not very useful if your devices are stolen since anyone who gets the devices can turn off the ‘Find My iPhone’ function. iOS 7 has make some improvement in securing your device and improve your chances of recovering it as a new feature called Activation Lock is added. Activation Lock is turned on automatically when you set up Find My iPhone, with which your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can:
- Turn off Find My iPhone on your device
- Sign out of iCloud on your device
- Erase and reactivate your device
To use Find My iPhone, you need to set up Find My iPhone on each iOS device and Mac before it is lost. Find My iPhone requires iOS 5 or later (iOS 6 required for tracking) or OS X v10.7.5 or later, respectively.
Locate your device on iCloud is easy:
- Visit www.icloud.com/find
- Sign in with your Apple account
- The location of your device will be displayed in a map, you can choose to view the Standard, Satellite and Hybrid
- You can let your device play sound, set it in lost mode or erase it