Launch Skype on the iPad
- Launch the Skype app on your iPad.
Click Plus Sign
- On Skype interface, click on the plus sign located in the top right corner.
Select “Search Skype Directory”
- Select “Search Skype Directory” in the pop-up menu.
Search For the People
- Enter the Skype name of the people you want to add and tap “Search” key on the keyboard. 
- Tap the searching result if it is the one you intend to add.
Click “Add Contact”
- In the pop-up window, tap “Add Contact” in the top right corner. A new window will pop up.
- In the last window, type in the message you want to leave as you send the request and then tap “Send” in the top right corner. Your contacts request has been sent successfully. You can now wait for him or her to accept it.