From time to time, for particular reasons, one may need to change his or her password to keep the account secure. It is especially so when that account is your Gmail account. While sometimes changing the password for your Gmail account may not seem to be as easy as it appears. If you encountered some problems when you attempted to change your Gmail password, you can refer to the following two easy ways to help you out.
Change Password on “Change Your Password” Page
There is a particular page from Google called “Change Your Password” where you can sign in and change your password. The following steps show you how to do that. Simply follow the steps. You can visit the page through the link in Reference Links part at the bottom of this page.
- Go to the Change your password page.
- Click “Continue to sign in” button to Sign in with your Gmail account if you have not signed in.
- Enter your current password and now password and then click “Change Password” button.
Change Gmail Password on Gmail Page
If you prefer to change your Gmail Password on your Gmail page. The following steps may help you get to where you want to go. Simply follow them.
- Go to Gmail website at www.gmail.com and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Click the setting gear icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click “Accounts” tab in the new window. And then click “Google Account Setting”
- Click on “Sign-in and Security” tab next to “Personal Info” to go to security setting page.
- On “Sign-in & Security” page, you can manage your account access and security settings.Scroll down and click on the password tab. You may need to re-enter your password to sign in again.
- On the new page, enter your current password and your new password then click “Change Password” button to complete changing password.