Fidelity 401k Plans is the Fidelity IRA center. You could access it via www.401k.com (Click the link in the Reference Lists at the bottom of the page to visit the site directly) or 401k.fidelity.com. You can also login to NetBenefits, which allows participants in Fidelity-serviced retirement plans to access their retirement plan account online.
Fidelity 401K Plans Instructions
Fidelity can help you make the most of your employer-sponsored retirement plan. As a trusted provider of guidance to millions of individuals, they provide practical education, easy-to-use tools and useful information that you can use to easily consolidate and manage all your retirement savings over time.
- Firstly, simply join your employers’ plan. Your workplace savings plan is one of the most valuable benefits your employer provides. So don’t delay taking advantage of this benefit any longer. Learn more about how your plan works. The Learn More section provides all the important details you need to take maximum advantage of your plan.
- Follow through on these important next steps. Once you’ve enrolled, review this section to see what else you can do to get your retirement planning off on the right foot.
- Decide what to do with your old plan. Many people who have savings in multiple employers’ plans find that consolidating them all into one place makes it easier to manage.
- Save for retirement: Because most people will be primarily responsible for funding their lifestyle once they retire, it’s critical that you save for retirement first… before starting to save for many other goals.
- Get guidance for life: Fidelity can also help you develop a more comprehensive savings plan that encompass all your financial goals.
- Reduce your debt: Before you can start saving effectively for retirement, it’s a good idea to pay off any debt you may have.
- Simplify all your savings: By consolidating your retirement savings in one place, you’ll get a single view of all your savings and find it easier to manage your accounts.
If your plan allows, you may access your account online at www.401k.com. Look to the right for the NetBenefits logo and click “Enter” under Access My Account. Enter your Social Security number or Customer ID and your Personal Identification Number.
The 401(k) retirement savings plan allows a worker to save for retirement and have the savings invested while deferring current income taxes on the saved money and earnings until withdrawal. The employee elects to have a portion of his or her wages paid directly, or “deferred,” into his or her 401k account. This deferment is also known as a “contribution.”.
Check your retirement and saving account balance at www.401k.com.