Toyota Economic Loss Settlement Website is specially designed for Toyota lawsuit of its defective unintended acceleration. If you currently own or owned, purchase(d), lease(d) or insured Toyota, Lexus, or Scion vehicles before December 28, 2012, you are eligible to receive monetary and other benefits from a class action settlement. At this site, you can review all the information regarding to this settlement and keep yourself informed of all the latest updates.
For more information about Toyota Economic Loss Settlement, like the eligible claimant requirement, the certain Toyota vehicle models involved and new updates of the settlement, you can keep yourself informed of every detail of it at www.toyotaelsettlement.com.(Click the link in Reference Links at the bottom of this page to visit this site)
Toyota Economic Loss Settlement Website
To sum up the case, this lawsuit results from claims that certain Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control system are defective and can experience unintended acceleration. This suit is to pursue claims for breach of warranties, unjust enrichment, and violation of various state consumer protection statutes. Toyota denies all the claims but agree to solve these issues without tackling it in the court. What worth attention is that this settlement does not involve claims about personal injury or property damage. Those people who are eligible as mentioned above can visit this site and file a claim with or without the notice postcard.
You would be entitled to one or more settlement benefits as follows if you are class member:
- A cash payment for alleged loss upon the defective vehicles
- Installation of a brake override system for free
- Participation in a Customer Support Program
- Other settlement benefits
1. On April 20, 2015, the claims administrator commenced mailing the reissue of all uncashed checks that had a March 9, 2015 void date. All mailings will occur on a rolling basis over an approximate 1-month period; accordingly, please allow sufficient time for delivery. Thank you for your patience.
2. If you are in possession of a distribution check with a stale date of March 9, 2015, please be advised that all outstanding checks will be proactively reissued in April of 2015.
3. On September 29, 2014 and pursuant to the Court Order, the claims administrator commenced mailing Distribution Payments to the eligible Class Members in accordance with the terms of the Settlement Agreement and Court orders. All mailings will occur on a rolling basis over an approximate 2-month period; accordingly, please allow sufficient time for delivery.
The only way to get monetary benefits for which you may eligible is to file a claim form online. When you click the link given to file a claim, you would be asked “Have you received a postcard” first:
- If you choose “Yes”, you will be entered into the login page where you need to enter Claim ID and Pin. You can find all these information on the postcard that you have received. Then follow the instructions to complete the process of filing claim.
- If your answer is “no”, you will enter into a page for unknown claimant, you can fill the vehicle information needed and operate under its instructions.